sync slow

Hi all,

It seems that appsheet sync time became very slow in the last few days.

My deployed has run for over six months and the avg. sync generally around 30 seconds.

But now, it ususally takes over 200 seconds and sometimes failed to sync and it seems the open of performance monitor page is also very slow.

Any thoughts on this? 

thanks very much.

1 2 192
2 REPLIES 2

I also have been facing slow sync speeds and timeout errors since last couple of days.
Apps to used perfectly fine up until few days and then suddenly started to give timeout errors.

On analysis, I found out that now appsheet is taking more time to compute the virtual columns than before. For almost same amount of data.
Also, data type conversion is utilising around 40-50 seconds, which cannot be normal.

@Phil @Steve Any issues or updates on appsheet end that you might be aware of?

@YogeshLaddha, in your case, I recommend engaging Support, as the long data type conversion time may be a bug.

@KaryZhang, it's possible that your data set has grown over time and has reached a tipping point, where the amount of data is now too much to process. Whenever sync times are high, the first thing to do is review the App formula expressions of your virtual columns. Look specifically for expressions that use FILTER(), LOOKUP(), MAXROW(), MINROW(), or SELECT(). Look for ways to reduce or eliminate use of those functions in virtual columns.

Top Labels in this Space