system generated bot not workig

Hi! I've created a bot using appsheet built in suggestion. I have workorder status and I want a bot to send me an email when status is changed from "in work" to "completed". 

This is the code I'm using:

AND([_THISROW_BEFORE].[status] <> "completed", [_THISROW_AFTER].[status] = "completed")

action that should be performed is simple send an email.

Any ideas why this simple code doesnt work? Any help would be apreciated.

0 9 178
9 REPLIES 9

Is the event properly configured?

How do I know that? I think it is data change type for updates only, and code I posted is condition. To me it looks properly configured. I attached screenshot.

florjan_0-1688066483080.png

Probiere: 

AND([_thisrow_before].[ STATUS]="in Arbeit",[_thisrow_after].[STATUS]="abgeschlossen")

previous status is not always "in work" but trigger status is "completed". So I don't like this one even if it would work.

Use Monitor automation - AppSheet Help to confirm whether each step is executing successfully or results in an error.

I cant even see this bot in the monitor. Monitor is showing bots for other app that is providing data for this app to run. So I hope you understand, in the app I want this bot you don't create and update workorders but it is meant for employees to see workorder informations and get notified when status in updated as completed.

@florjan wrote:

in the app I want this bot you don't create and update

The automation event you configured will never be triggered if the corresponding data change is not made from the app within which the automation exists. The event is not monitoring changes to the data source, but rather is monitoring the app for actions that results in changes to the data source.

Hmmm, ok at least i know the reason. What could be the solution here? Notification has to happen in this app.

Either have the notification come from the app already making the data change or else have a data change made in the app you want to send the notification. You can accomplish the latter by having one app make a change via another app by using the AppSheet API.

Top Labels in this Space