table with column of type number and valid_if

Table name is Cobros (Initially empty) with column  Factura/Nota of type number and a valid_if.

The valid_if is specified as follows

[Facturas a Credito][Factura/Nota]

[Facturas a Credito] refers to virtual column of type List  with formula

FILTER("Ventas",AND([Crédito]>0, [Pendiente por Pagar] > 0 ))

This virtual column returns 7 rows.

When I enter the first record in Cobros I see a drop down list with 7 records for input field Factura/Nota.

I save the record in table Cobros. Once the record is saved . [Facturas a Credito]  will return 6 records.

If I try to enter a new record in table Cobros I don't see a dropdown list, intstead I see 6 buttons each one with valid value for Factura/Nota.

Why the change is display from Dropdown to buttons?

Thanks

0 5 59
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Quick thought, Do you have your Input mode set to Dropdown or Auto?

You may want to set it to Dropdown if you always want to see a dropdown list.

TeeSee1_0-1643257209145.png

Thanks for your reply. I do not see those options in my column.I see the following:

appsheet-issue.png

I see, unless you have a column of type ENUM/ENUMLIST,  you won't get this option.

Unless you can make it ENUM with the base type set to 'number' for some reason, I do not know how you can force the system to use a drop-down list.

Maybe someone else can answer this for you.

TeeSee1_0-1643332386769.png

I am aware of the Enum/EnumList but that will not work for me. I will try to change it to Ref type which also offers the option to select DropDown.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regardless, I think its improper behavior for the system to select the display mode at runtime, and provide no option to change it.

@esrodrig wrote:

I am aware of the Enum/EnumList but that will not work for me.

Why not?

Top Labels in this Space