tables and references

I have 3 tables.  customer, Appointments, Invoices

On the customer_detail view, I want to see all previous appointments and invoices.  The system automatically generates a reference to the appointments but I can't seem to figure out how I can get invoices on there too.  It's not there anymore and I can't choose it because it's a virtual column?

0 5 125
5 REPLIES 5

Hello and welcome to the Community!

In the Invoice table, you should have a column named for example: "Customer", type: Ref, with option "Is part of?" checked, pointing to the Customers table. In this way you see [Related Invoices] in your Customer_detail view.

Ok I created a virtual column for Customer.  However, I already have columns FirstName and LastName.  I chose the Customers table but what would be my app formula?

This should NOT be a virtual column, it should be a normal formula-less column that is manually linking each invoice to its corresponding customer ID.

All other customer-related columns, like First & Last Name, should be removed from the table, since this information already exists in Customers Table.

You should read these:

Data: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center 

References Between Tables | AppSheet Help Center 

I did that but it doesn't show up for [related Invoices].  Could it be how I'm linking the two?  I select my customer then created a invoice action button.  I do a LinktoForm and transfer Name and other info to the invoice.  An invoice is created.  

I deleted the links.  I can see related appointments that i made at the beginning when they were linked together.  Now, when I'm on the customer_detail, I click on an action button "book appointment."  It has a formula of LINKTOForm("Appointments_Form", "Customer",[Customer]).  On the form, it doesn't prepopulate the Customer dropbox.  I have to select the customer.  How can I link them together?

Top Labels in this Space