template

Hi everyone.

I'm learning in AppSheet how to set up a print template, but I can't print only filled lines, I only need filled lines in a PDF template. Please tell me how to set it up

Solved Solved
0 3 139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please elaborate more about your app and data structure and what you mean by "filled lines".

To help move forward,  I'll make some HUGE assumptions.  I'll assume by "filled lines"  you mean some kind of detail or child row, maybe as part of an Order parent row, that gets "filled" in some way such that you will have a mix of detail rows - some rows NOT filled while others ARE filled.

First, make sure you have way in the data to indicate that a row IS filled.  Let's say that there is a column named [Filled?] that gets set to TRUE when the item is physically fulfilled.

In the template, you then want to pick out only the rows where [Filled?] = TRUE Also, if you have a correct relationship setup between the parent Order row and the child Detail row, the children will automatically show up under the parent Order row as [Related Details] (for example).  Assuming all the above, you would then extract the child "filled" Detail rows using a <<START:>>...<<END>> block like so

... other parent template information...

<<Start: [Related Details]>>
Label1: <<[Detail Row Column 1>>     Label2: <<[Detail Row Column 2]>>     Label3: <<[Detail Row Column 3]>> Label4:  etc,
<<END>>

This is all example columns and will need to be changed to fit your data and template formatting.  I would also recommend reviewing the article on how to use the START/END template expression.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Please elaborate more about your app and data structure and what you mean by "filled lines".

To help move forward,  I'll make some HUGE assumptions.  I'll assume by "filled lines"  you mean some kind of detail or child row, maybe as part of an Order parent row, that gets "filled" in some way such that you will have a mix of detail rows - some rows NOT filled while others ARE filled.

First, make sure you have way in the data to indicate that a row IS filled.  Let's say that there is a column named [Filled?] that gets set to TRUE when the item is physically fulfilled.

In the template, you then want to pick out only the rows where [Filled?] = TRUE Also, if you have a correct relationship setup between the parent Order row and the child Detail row, the children will automatically show up under the parent Order row as [Related Details] (for example).  Assuming all the above, you would then extract the child "filled" Detail rows using a <<START:>>...<<END>> block like so

... other parent template information...

<<Start: [Related Details]>>
Label1: <<[Detail Row Column 1>>     Label2: <<[Detail Row Column 2]>>     Label3: <<[Detail Row Column 3]>> Label4:  etc,
<<END>>

This is all example columns and will need to be changed to fit your data and template formatting.  I would also recommend reviewing the article on how to use the START/END template expression.

thanks. I found a solution. I set it up using the if and IS NOT BLANK formulas, everything works as it should

@Anzhelika wrote:

I only need filled lines in a PDF template. Please tell me how to set it up

You can't use a PDF file that has fields to be edited. I think that this is an Adobe thing

Top Labels in this Space