[_thisrow-n] Expression now working anywhere (not only on the template)

Hi @Steve  @Aleksi_Alkio 

It looks obvious to me that now [_thisrow-n].[ColumnName] expression is working on App Editor (anywhere we can place expression) in addition to Workflow template.

I reckon this feature is GAed (not sure when it was), but I would suggest that the official AppSheet documentation reflect this fact. (currently Documentation is saying this special syntax is work only on template.

This additional capability is adding more fuel to us.

Cheers.

@takuya_miyai 

3 4 131
4 REPLIES 4

Yep, I've definitely been using [_THISROW-N] syntax in the app for a long time now.

@Steve @Aleksi_Alkio 

I observe a glitch when we use [_thisrow-n] expression.

The expression is used in App formula of Virtual Column, which yields the list of key value for the referenced table.  The data type for this VC is set to List, and elemement type is set to Ref (as usual).  However, on the detail view, the inline view is not rendered.  The number of row for the inline view indicates the correct number, but not line items being displayed.

To test, the elemenet type is changed to TEXT and it render the correct items.  There is a glitch for sure.

@Steve  @Aleksi_Alkio 

Odd thing is we leave this virtual column as it is (not rendering inline view property). Then add new virtual column, pulling value from this VC and set to list type (element type to ref).  Then inline view is rendered properly.

Just for additional finding to share.

@Steve  @Aleksi_Alkio 

Additional observation.

Wrap the expression for virtual column by UNIQUE(), then now the virtual column with [_thisrow-n] expression is displaying the inline view in a right way.

Expression parser is doing something wrong obviously.

Top Labels in this Space