trouble with images from mobile devices

Hi everyone

i'm having troubles with images charged from mobile devices (from ios and android). When user select camera icon, takes a picture, the app doesn't show anything. 

I tried modifying size parameters on UX / Options, and nothing.

When i charge images previously saved, there's no problem. 

thanks four your help!

0 8 249
8 REPLIES 8

@Oyarce wrote:

When user select camera icon, takes a picture, the app doesn't show anything. 

Can you explain this a little further? When the app shows nothing?

it happens when user is using a form with a field to upload pictures.  It's possible to upload from camera roll or taking a picture "at the moment" right? well, when user takes the photo, and select "Use photo", form doesn't show the image charged, and then image is not saved to google drive neither.

The spreadsheet related shows this message (where usually shows image's link): "Unable to load image data. Image may be missing or upload size may be too large for this device. The image may still be in the camera roll on the device." I tried modifying this on UX / options and it doesn't solve the problem.

thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 10.54.16 AM.jpeg

Oyarce_0-1663854958861.png

The saved message might actually indicate the problem. Did you check the memory and storage available on the user's device? Does your data source (e.g. Google Drive) have available space to receive the image?

Yeah, there’s no problem with storage, we checked devices and google drive capacity.

I tried uploading images stored on camera roll, and it works well. Even using browser version, it works too. Problem is with app mobile version.

Sounds like someone will need to look into your app. Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

Attn @Aleksi @Rob_Just

This same issue is happening with us as well. If they take the photo first and then "Choose From Existing" it works fine. This simply does not work if they select the "Take a Photo" option. Could this be a bug?

Edit: I just saw the thread on the iOS 16 issues. This may be related to that instead as the person reporting this issue has iOS 16 on their device.

According with IOS 16, I think is not related with that because the issue was notified by an user with android phone 👍

Apologies, Oyarce. I was referring to my issue! Sorry that you are still facing this issue.

Top Labels in this Space