unclear error - unable to add row

I am getting the below error when trying to add a new row to an 'Arrival' table in my app. It worked OK yesterday, but even now when I restore old version I still get it. I have checked over all parameters I think are relevant, but am struggling to understand the nature of the error statement. I have a few time fields in my form, but they are set correctly, in my opinion, and as they have been when working OK. 

Any ides of what I should be looking at? how can I interpret the numbers below to pin down where my problem might be? many thanks

Diarmuid_O_Brie_0-1660745718651.png

Solved Solved
0 3 161
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

problem solved!!

The answer to my original question when I saw a string of numbers, is that that was the actual value it was trying to write in a 'Duration' field, rather than time [or 'DateTime' rather]. I found it when trolling through the data on screen and recognised the string when populated in a field.

I lost some field calculations when I regenerated structure, and it seems I must have mistakenly made this calculation timenow() - [LandingTime]. This does not work as the former is a Time, and the latter a DateTime, so simply changing it to now() - [LandingTime] fixed it. Simples when you know where to look!

thanks for the help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Check that the column in your data source is set to a "Time" type - maybe that's getting in the way?

Otherwise, the problem is with the value that's there; so you'll need to see what value it's putting there in order to see what's wrong with it. 

There's probly just one little fiddly-bit out of place.....

hi, thanks for the input. I was thinking something similar. I have 5 DateTime fields in my database, and all show Date and Time as intended, ref below screenshot [which shows 4, but the remaining is the same]. I also have several duration fields, but they also look to be OK.

I regenerated the data table structure in order to add some fields in the back end database, and i suspect something has got lost in the process. I was wondering here if the numbers in the error message shared above gives any clue as to where, or which field, the error lies

Diarmuid_O_Brie_0-1660755069397.png

problem solved!!

The answer to my original question when I saw a string of numbers, is that that was the actual value it was trying to write in a 'Duration' field, rather than time [or 'DateTime' rather]. I found it when trolling through the data on screen and recognised the string when populated in a field.

I lost some field calculations when I regenerated structure, and it seems I must have mistakenly made this calculation timenow() - [LandingTime]. This does not work as the former is a Time, and the latter a DateTime, so simply changing it to now() - [LandingTime] fixed it. Simples when you know where to look!

thanks for the help

Top Labels in this Space