uniqueid and existing keys in an excel sheet on GDrive

Hi, everyone and thank you for your time. I have a simple Excel sheet to track technicians and jobs done in our tiny family business. I have added an ID column and given an ID number in sequence. I also added UNIQUEID() in initial values. New records save fine and generate an ID for the row.

When I edit an old record to update the info I get an error and the app can't save the updated new info. Where am I going wrong. I have tried in various places but have hit a brick wall.

Many thanks for your patience and help.

Best wishes

Mac

Bologna Italy

Solved Solved
0 2 134
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Initial Values only evaluate when a record is first created. If you have old records without a key value, you should probably insert those values manually into the backend data source (spreadsheet?).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Initial Values only evaluate when a record is first created. If you have old records without a key value, you should probably insert those values manually into the backend data source (spreadsheet?).

Screenshot_2022-11-23-18-18-40-334-edit_x1Trackmaster.x1Trackmaster.jpg

Thanks for the answer, i had created an ID column and added an ID key for all of the records already present. When I go to modify an existing record I get the error which I am attaching as a screenshot. I do apologise I am a complete novice to Appsheet. The edits remain (in the app as per screenshot) but won't update the sheet.

Screenshot_2022-11-23-18-16-35-186-edit_x1Trackmaster.x1Trackmaster.jpg

Top Labels in this Space