update a pdf file when editing.

Hello. When I make a new entry in my app, it generates a pdf file through a bot. When I edit this entry, it updates the pdf with the new information, however, I noticed that the information in a child table does not update in the PDF file. For example, the input consists of customer data, and product list in a separate (child) table.
What could be wrong?

0 2 145
2 REPLIES 2

When you create a Bot, you specify the table upon which it reacts to changes to.  You are probably triggering your Bot based on changes made to the Parent table.  It will NOT also trigger based on child table changes. 

Either create a separate Bot to trigger when a child row is changed (need one for each child if more than one)

OR

When the child row is changed, also force a change on the Parent row. 

If the problem is that after EDITING the pdf is not updated, maybe you can solve it by generating a "new PDF". The way that has worked for me in these cases is:
1.- use a column to designate part of the name of the PDF (I use this column as a counter)
2.-Create a button to designate the column value you use as part of the PDF file name. The value that you will give is that of the same column +1 example: NUMBER([Colum])+1

3.- to the formula of your file column you must add IFS([Colum]>= 1,[Colum]) example: Concatenate("/Files/","Name of the pdf ",IFS([Colum]>= 1, [Column]),".pdf")

4.- In a table type view you can use the column that is used as a counter to make the display of the button with which you will update your PDFs

I hope I haven't forgotten something

Si el problema es que despuรฉs de EDITADO no se actualiza el pdf quiza puedas resolverlo generando un "nuevo PDF". La forma que me ha funcionado para esos casos es :
1.- utilizar una columna para designar parte del nombre del PDF (esta columna la uso de contador)
2.-Crea un boton para designar el valor de la columna que usas como parte del nombre del archivo PDF. El valor que el darรกs es el de la misma columna +1 ejempo: NUMBER([Colum])+1

3.- a la formula de tu columna file debes agregarle IFS([Colum]>= 1,[Colum]) ejemplo: Concatenate("/Files/","Nombre del pdf ",IFS([Colum]>= 1,[Colum]),".pdf")

4.- En una vista de tipo tabla puedes usar la columna que se usa de contador para hacer el display del boton con el que actualizaras tus PDFs

espero no haber olvidado algo

Top Labels in this Space