upload multiple images AppSheet

Greetings, I am needing to upload multiple images to the same cell. It occurs to me to make a script to upload them to a drive folder and return a URL with the ID of said folder. The problem is that I have no idea how to implement it or how to connect it with my appshhet. Suggestions?
I thank.

0 3 1,238
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet has no support for uploading multiple images as a single operation.

There is no way to integrate an AppScript script into the AppSheet interface. You can invoke a script using Automation, but that doesn't allow for direct user interaction.

If you are wanting to simply add multiple images to a form view you can create a table of images and refence the table you are wanting to have multiple images on. 

Take a look at the example below: 

image-1.PNG

image-2.PNG

image-4.PNG

Let me know if this helps or if you need further explanation.

Thanks!

Austin from AppSheet Training

Hi, 

I have been playing with images for days and i believe this is your answer: Strap in. 

Set a table up for image uploading. Create a form for this table. Set Label to Image. Go back to your original form. Set up an Enum List. Put the base type as Ref, ref your image uploading table. Allow other values. Auto Complete. 

Then when you open your form and a new picture it takes you to your other form, take the photo, hit save, then it takes you back to your original form and has it as an enum list option. You can add as many images you want this way. 

How do you use them from this? I am still working on it. But the reference row suggestion with a virtual column is something i have utilised. 

But you can reference row on another basis within the form and get the form to recognise where you come from or formulate based on form if(in(context(view),list(FORM),(etc),(etc)) for example. 

Top Labels in this Space