using only part of barcode data when scanned

Hi,

Just trying to visualize the best way to use data from a barcode, 

Barcode format result when scanned  123456789@12345678

I can scan the barcode and the result is entered, this is fine but i only need  to see or input the digits from the right of the @ symbol as the final result.

Wondered if i should use a virtual column and extract the data after the @ symbol or is there a better method to extract and input the data as the end result ??

looked at using right() and filter() but in the end couldn't really decide which way to go.

Thoughts on best options would be great

Cheers

Solved Solved
0 3 149
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@tintin007 wrote:

Wondered if i should use a virtual column and extract the data after the @ symbol or is there a better method to extract and input the data as the end result ??

Yes, this is how you'd do it. You can use this expression:

INDEX( SPLIT([column], "@"), 2)

View solution in original post

Another and used workaround is to modify the value with an event action when the form view is saved. The formula could be the same as Joseph proposed but it would modify the value itself and then no virtual column would be needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@tintin007 wrote:

Yes, this is how you'd do it. You can use this expression:

INDEX( SPLIT([column], "@"), 2)

Another and used workaround is to modify the value with an event action when the form view is saved. The formula could be the same as Joseph proposed but it would modify the value itself and then no virtual column would be needed.

Thanks for pointing that out. Had not thought to use index and split like that. Tried both as virtual column and a save action.  Will be using this in my set up. 

Awesome advice again from the community.

Thanks for your help

Top Labels in this Space