valid_if problem

Hello everybody. I'm used to filtering values ​​using the valid_if field. In this case I would like the [TERRENI] column to show the values ​​based on the value selected in the [CLIENTE] column. this is the compilation of the [LANDS] column

2022-08-05 11_20_03-APP_PIANI DI CONCIMAZIONE - AppSheet.png

2022-08-05 11_20_12-APP_PIANI DI CONCIMAZIONE - AppSheet.png

my problem is that if a customer does not have TERRENI yet, the [TERRENI] column does not appear, but this is a mandatory data. in this case "Bolognesi Piero" already has some lands created. While "MODELLI" has no land created in the registry

not [TERRENI] created yednot [TERRENI] created yed

2022-08-05 11_17_59-Window.png

In addition, some fields of the following tab (COLTURE - INTERVENTI) have compilation formulas that depend on the selected [LAND] value.

1.How can I prevent the user from filling out the rest of the form before having selected the [TERRENI] column?

2. how can i prevent the land field from disappearing from the form? Ideally it would be left with the empty dropdown choice where you can click the "add" action directly from here

I hope I was clear. thank you

Solved Solved
0 2 57
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@bolognesiedalla wrote:

1.How can I prevent the user from filling out the rest of the form before having selected the [TERRENI] column?

You could include show_if   in the  Page Header show columns of COLTURE  and INTERVENTI  tabs as follows

ISNOTBLANK([TERRENI] )

This show_if will prevent the tabs COLTURE  and INTERVENTI being shown till the user selects at least one value in [TERRENI] field.

@bolognesiedalla wrote:

2. how can i prevent the land field from disappearing from the form? Ideally it would be left with the empty dropdown choice where you can click the "add" action directly from here

The add on choice will show if the enum/enumlist field is not composed of values by Valid_if expression. Since you are using Valid_if in the field [Terreni],  the field will not show, if the selected customer does not have land in lands table.

I believe there are no straightforward workarounds to get what you are looking for in this case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@bolognesiedalla wrote:

You could include show_if   in the  Page Header show columns of COLTURE  and INTERVENTI  tabs as follows

ISNOTBLANK([TERRENI] )

This show_if will prevent the tabs COLTURE  and INTERVENTI being shown till the user selects at least one value in [TERRENI] field.

@bolognesiedalla wrote:

The add on choice will show if the enum/enumlist field is not composed of values by Valid_if expression. Since you are using Valid_if in the field [Terreni],  the field will not show, if the selected customer does not have land in lands table.

I believe there are no straightforward workarounds to get what you are looking for in this case.

I followed your instructions for the 2 tabs. Then I added a column of type show, with the writing "to continue the compilation it is necessary to create at least one land in COMPANIES> details". thanks a lot

Top Labels in this Space