validation

Hi friends

how to do this ?
The form should be saved Only when user fills correct name in the form. And correct name is like database ( Employee List > Name)
In a screen shot Employee ID is ref with Employee List table.

2023-01-09 (4).png2023-01-09 (5).png2023-01-09 (6).png

0 9 204
9 REPLIES 9

1) If you want the field simply filled in automatically then set an expression like below as the App Formula of the column

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Employee ID], "Employee List", "Employee ID", "Employee Name")

2) If you require the user to enter the correct manually name then use an expression like below as the column's valid-if

LIST(LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Employee ID], "Employee List", "Employee ID", "Employee Name"))

2)

LIST(LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Employee ID], "Employee List", "Employee ID", "Employee Name"))

If I put this valid if in "Name" column, The name column is not showing If I put in "Employee ID" column, The form is saving un valid name also.. 

2023-01-10.png2023-01-10 (1).png2023-01-10 (2).png2023-01-10 (3).png

A basic question,

Which columns in Check in table do you required the user to fill in/select manually?

User fill 'Name' column manually.
like right now I fill  in name column as "xyz" then hit save its saved. and not sowing invalid name ...
So i wont user put correct name as in database (Employee list> Name>IN130 Jignesh) Then form should be saved.

So if the user is filling in the name column, how is the Employee ID filled in.

If the Employee is always correct then, do you still want the user to fill in the name? For what? For identification?

You can retrieve the correct name by LOOKUP on the Employee ID..

Thank you for your reply,
Let me try with other way,
All Users are not educated so they did a mistake while filling form Because ,
suppose User "A" , Is working in 3 stores and every store is different "Store ID" , So i need user fill the form in name column, Its start With the Store code then space then user's name.
So I won't First 2 characters are alphabets, then 3 characters are Numbers, then space, Then text { text mins Users name}.
Example "AB123 Space User'sName".
Witch expression is good to do that ? Can you help me ? please ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Again you do not want users to fill in the name (text) field manually. That is simply asking for errors. Even with the valid format, values still could be wrong.

Since it seems that the Form is capturing the log in ID 'correctly' why don't you just create a STORE column with a dropdown list.

That way you know who timed in at which store without any ambiguity.

Hi.. I have a 100 Stores and I don't want to show to users {Like I have a 100 Stores} and also I don't wont to show to user, How many Employee I have ?
So I decided User put a Name manually, first 5 characters are store code then space and name.
But sometime User make a mistake, Like They forgot to put a space, some are putting just name [no store code].
So I won't First 2 characters are alphabets, then 3 characters are Numbers, then space, Then text { text mins Users name}.

Top Labels in this Space