virtual column

i added a virtual column, that i want to show the last thing that i scanned.
The closest i can get, is, it showing me the first thing scanned.
i used app formula:
(sheet name[column name],)
and used 'text' as the type.
can anyone tell me what i can use to show the last row that has information?

and ill really really appreciate any help, if it can only show the last 4 characters of this last row scanned.

Solved Solved
0 2 98
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

MAXROW()

Row with greatest value in column

Returns the key of a row (Ref value) in the data set that contains the maximum value found in the named column from among the rows selected by an expression, or from among all rows if an expression was not provided.

MAXROW("MyTable", "_ROWNUMBER") returns the key value for the row in the MyTable data set that has the highest value in the _ROWNUMBER column (that is, which row was added last?).

RIGHT()

Right-most characters of text

Returns the specified number of characters at the end of a textual value. If the number of characters to be returned is greater than the length of the text value or less than 0, returns the text value in its entirety.

Sample usage

RIGHT("123 Maple Dr", 5) returns le Dr

RIGHT("123 Maple Dr", 0) returns blank

View solution in original post

yes.
RIGHT(MAXROW("sheetname", "_ROWNUMBER"), 4)
did it. Thanks!!
Big big big thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MAXROW()

Row with greatest value in column

Returns the key of a row (Ref value) in the data set that contains the maximum value found in the named column from among the rows selected by an expression, or from among all rows if an expression was not provided.

MAXROW("MyTable", "_ROWNUMBER") returns the key value for the row in the MyTable data set that has the highest value in the _ROWNUMBER column (that is, which row was added last?).

RIGHT()

Right-most characters of text

Returns the specified number of characters at the end of a textual value. If the number of characters to be returned is greater than the length of the text value or less than 0, returns the text value in its entirety.

Sample usage

RIGHT("123 Maple Dr", 5) returns le Dr

RIGHT("123 Maple Dr", 0) returns blank

yes.
RIGHT(MAXROW("sheetname", "_ROWNUMBER"), 4)
did it. Thanks!!
Big big big thank you!

Top Labels in this Space