workflow and syncs

Hello, 

Is there a way in the app sheet that it would sync right away if I enter certain information in a form? For example, if I answer a specific question then only the app sync without having to fill out an entire form? Please let me know.

Solved Solved
0 3 114
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, but what are you trying to solve?  An app Sync wouldn't help you in this situation.  A Form is a NEW row that is not yet in the system so would not be part of a Sync anyway.

Now, if you wish to EDIT an existing row, there is an option using a Detail view.  Detail views have QuickEdit columns.  You can specify one or more columns as QuickEdits.  This works by viewing the row and then allowing you to change any of the QuickEdit columns.  Each QuickEdit is submitted immediately.

Again, I am not sure how Syncing will help you here either.  When you Edit a row, either through the Form view or Detail view QuickEdits, those changes are made available to you on THAT device immediately everywhere in the app.  For OTHER users, they are still subject, on their devices, to going through the normal Sync process to retrieve any recent changes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

No, but what are you trying to solve?  An app Sync wouldn't help you in this situation.  A Form is a NEW row that is not yet in the system so would not be part of a Sync anyway.

Now, if you wish to EDIT an existing row, there is an option using a Detail view.  Detail views have QuickEdit columns.  You can specify one or more columns as QuickEdits.  This works by viewing the row and then allowing you to change any of the QuickEdit columns.  Each QuickEdit is submitted immediately.

Again, I am not sure how Syncing will help you here either.  When you Edit a row, either through the Form view or Detail view QuickEdits, those changes are made available to you on THAT device immediately everywhere in the app.  For OTHER users, they are still subject, on their devices, to going through the normal Sync process to retrieve any recent changes.

what I am trying to solve is when the user enters information for a specific question in the form then the form has a trigger set to sync it so it can save that specific info to the google sheet 

This tells me what you've already said...what you are trying to have the app do which is currently not possible.

It doesn't explain the problem you are trying to solve...WHY do you need the answer to a question saved to the sheet as soon as its answered?

If you can articulate the problem, we may be able to suggest an alternative solution to meet your needs.

Top Labels in this Space