.xlsx file from a slice returning empty data set when using EnumList (Possible Bug)

Hi all,

This is probably going to end up becoming a support ticket, but I figured I'd check here first.  

I am currently using a slice to produce a customizable .xlsx file. The slice has a number of criteria that the user can change to get to their desired data set. Currently, this is done on a dashboard with a detail view w/ quick edit fields on one side and a Table view of the slice on the other. Once the user has their criteria set they can generate a report using an action that triggers a bot. When the bot is done they can download that file with a separate action.

The issue is that when I select multiple options in an EnumList field that is one of the criteria, I will get the correct data in the Table view of the slice but return a table with no data (<<templateReference:id=1>>) on the .xlsx report (everything works correctly when you only select one item in the EnumList). Here is the piece of the slice that deals with an EnumList field:

IF(ISBLANK(SELECT(Users[Building],USEREMAIL() = [Email])), True, IN([Building],SELECT(Users[Building],USEREMAIL() = [Email])))

[Building] is a Ref field on the sliced table,  Users[Building] is a EnumList base type Ref.

Any help is appreciated, if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks!

0 6 124
6 REPLIES 6

It's likely a list-of-lists issue. SELECT always returns a List, and if the SELECT'd column is an EnumList, then the value is technically a list-of-lists. Instead of:

IN( xx , SELECT(....) )

...use:

IN( xx , SPLIT(TEXT(SELECT(...)) , " , " ) )

There are some inconsistencies in how things work between the app, the client, and the server, which can explain why your original expressions seems to work in the app, but not in the Bot. My suggested expression is more robust and tells the system explicitly what to do.

Hi @Marc_Dillon ,

I'm still getting the same <<templateReference:id=1>> response after splitting the concatenated list.

@Kyle_Feuerhelm wrote:

<<templateReference:id=1>> response

I don't know what that is. Where are you seeing it?

@Marc_Dillon 

Oh sorry, "<<templateReference:id=1>>" is the response on the excel sheet when a filter returns empty.

Can we get some screenshots?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I wonder if AppSheet considers an empty table an error.

Top Labels in this Space