Console functionality removed when creating load balancers

Previously I could create new load balancers with serverless "App Engine" backends through the console without any issues. Now it seems like the only serverless backend that can be created is "Cloud Run". Are they removing capabilities from the console in favor of doing everything via gcloud CLI?

Solved Solved
3 1 129
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've discovered the issue. The UI for creating a load balancer has changed a little, so I was confused.

In step 3 of creating the load balancer, I was selecting a regional LB. I should have been selecting global LB. Selecting global allows you to create a "Classic" application load balancer which in turn allows the selection of "Classic" backends for creating a serverless "App Engine" backends in addition to "Cloud Run", and "Cloud Function".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I've discovered the issue. The UI for creating a load balancer has changed a little, so I was confused.

In step 3 of creating the load balancer, I was selecting a regional LB. I should have been selecting global LB. Selecting global allows you to create a "Classic" application load balancer which in turn allows the selection of "Classic" backends for creating a serverless "App Engine" backends in addition to "Cloud Run", and "Cloud Function".

Top Labels in this Space