Remove my organization from my Google Cloud (from Google Entirely!). Fresh start | same accounts :)

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this has been answered, but I have attempted many tutorials now and am quite tired of hitting dead ends!

Basically, what I want is to completely remove the organization from my Google "environment.". The organization causes unnecessary work as I do not need to manage users, access to applications, etc.

So if there is a way that even a beginner can follow, I would greatly appreciate it. I am the single user, so I have access to all admin accounts, so that part should be good.

In the end, I hope to have all the accounts that I currently have, with their files, e-mails, and anything else they have intact, but in no way entangled with an administrator of an organization. Almost starting fresh, just that I can't since one of the accounts is my "main account," which holds all e-mails and files and acts as the backup cloud for my local content.

Anyone? If not, does anyone know the best way to get in contact with Google? It has not been the easiest, to say the least, as all I meet are genre-written guides and chatbots.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @elto2045,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

According to the official documentation [1]:

You can migrate a project that is not associated with an organization resource into an organization resource. However, you can't change it back to No organization using this process. If you have a project that is associated with your organization resource and you want to revert it to No organization, reach out to your Support representative for assistance.

The best way to contact Google Cloud Support directly is by purchasing a support plan. You may view this Customer Care page for more information.

Ironically, you need to enable billing on your organization as a prerequisite to purchase a support plan [2], which you plan to remove.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space