Unable to Link Firebase Project to Google Cloud Project

@ links to members
Hi everyone! I need your help.

Issue:   After creating a Firebase project, a Google Cloud project was not automatically created, which I believe is usually done by default.

I manually created a Google Cloud project, but I could not find the option to link my Firebase project with this Google Cloud project. Specifically, in the "Project Settings" under the "Overview" tab, there is no "Link to Google Cloud Project" button available.

Could you kindly assist me in resolving this issue and provide guidance on how to link my Firebase project with my existing Google Cloud project?

Solved Solved
3 2 169
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @yong1,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

Creating a Firebase project automatically sets up a Google Cloud project with the same name, eliminating the need for a separate linking process. This is why you may not see a "Link to Google Cloud Project" button.

Since your Firebase project is also a Google Cloud project, you can use the existing project instead of creating a new one. Here’s how to confirm:

Here's how to confirm:
1. Visit the Firebase console.
2. Note the project name at the top.
3. Go to the Google Cloud console.
4. Search for a project with the same name as your Firebase project.

If you find a matching project in the Google Cloud console, you're all set. You can use this project for any Google Cloud services you want to integrate with your Firebase project.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @yong1,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

Creating a Firebase project automatically sets up a Google Cloud project with the same name, eliminating the need for a separate linking process. This is why you may not see a "Link to Google Cloud Project" button.

Since your Firebase project is also a Google Cloud project, you can use the existing project instead of creating a new one. Here’s how to confirm:

Here's how to confirm:
1. Visit the Firebase console.
2. Note the project name at the top.
3. Go to the Google Cloud console.
4. Search for a project with the same name as your Firebase project.

If you find a matching project in the Google Cloud console, you're all set. You can use this project for any Google Cloud services you want to integrate with your Firebase project.

Thank you very much. I was just looking at "Recent Projects" and didn't see the "All" tab existed. It was a silly mistake... Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your reply!

Top Labels in this Space