Whether the role "Consumer Procurement Order Administrator" is beta or not

I'd like to confirm the roles that are mentioned as "beta" in the following document.
https://cloud.google.com/marketplace/docs/access-control?hl=ja#roles-permissions

We intend to assign the "Consumer Procurement Order Administrator" role to customers who wish to purchase Marketplace products through distributor.
While the document indicates that this role is in beta, it seems to be selectable without issues in the Google Cloud Console.
We suspect that the information in the document may be outdated and that this role is no longer in beta.
If anybody has knowledge about whether the information in this document is up-to-date, we would appreciate your guidance.

Thank you,

Solved Solved
1 2 267
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @YukiAbe,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

As of writing, the documentation was updated on 2023-11-20, so the roles should be still in beta.

According to this documentation:

• BETA: The role has been tested on a limited basis, or it includes permissions for Google Cloud services or features that are not generally available.

The last update to the role according to the changelog was in 2023-04-28.

If you are unsure whether to use the Role, you may consider creating custom roles instead, so you can give granular access to your users.

If you ever encounter issues with the "Consumer Procurement Order Administrator" role, you may create a ticket in Google's Issue Tracker.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @YukiAbe,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

As of writing, the documentation was updated on 2023-11-20, so the roles should be still in beta.

According to this documentation:

• BETA: The role has been tested on a limited basis, or it includes permissions for Google Cloud services or features that are not generally available.

The last update to the role according to the changelog was in 2023-04-28.

If you are unsure whether to use the Role, you may consider creating custom roles instead, so you can give granular access to your users.

If you ever encounter issues with the "Consumer Procurement Order Administrator" role, you may create a ticket in Google's Issue Tracker.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

@YukiAbe wrote:

e intend to assign the "Consumer Procurement Order Administrator" role to customers who wish to purchase Marketplace products th

Hi @lawrencenelson 
Thank you for your reply.
I understood.

Thank you,
Yuki

Top Labels in this Space