"Migrate projects and billing accounts" not visible in Identify & Organzation

Yan

Hello everyone,

I've an Organization in Google Cloud Platform and we're trying to move other Organization / Projects (from different) to a new Organization.

The previously GCP Owner suggested me to go "IAM & Admin" -> "Identify & Organization" -> "Migrate projects and billing accounts" where I can request project or billings account.

Problem is that "Migrate projects and billing accounts" is not even visible at my side. Also the title is called just "Identify",  not "Identify & Organization". Also at his end, his title is called "Identify & Organization [Beta]"

So I'm now quite confused. Is that because I've missing roles or is that because it's only accessible in Beta? If so, how can I enter in Beta as well?

Thanks

0 1 955
1 REPLY 1

Concerning the Identity and Organization page as per the image in this document, it is mostly likely you do not have access due to the IAM roles. Also check if you selected the correct Organization in the drop down on top.

Basically you need to assign yourself on the Organization level Organization Administrator role and Project Creator role to request project and billing account migrations and as explained here.  Here is also a document about roles/permission on the Organization level that should help. 

Another possibility (highly unlikely) is that you are accessing the wrong link somehow. Here is a direct link to the page that might help. 

As for migration, it is also recommended to follow the guidelines in these documents [1] [2] as there is another way to migrate projects through the SDK commands.

Top Labels in this Space