Export Data from Booking System to Google Docs

Hoping someone can help as this is driving me crazy. I have exported data from my booking system plenty of times in the past. I'm now getting the following message:

"lucy@........... does not have storage.objects.get access to the Google Cloud Storage object".

I'm assuming this is because Google has monitized exporting data to Google Docs. Anyway, I created a Google Cloud Platform but I'm still getting the same message when I try to export the data.

I have to say I fumbled my way around when I created the Google Cloud Platform account as you need to be a rocket scientist to even understand the instructions. So I don't even know if I've set it up correctly. I tried to create a Bucket but I don't really understand what this is or why I need it to export from my booking system.

I had to select a region. There isn't one for New Zealand, so I selected Australia.

Surely it shouldn't be this hard to export data from somewhere to my Google Docs. I don't even mind paying.

Though I do object to having to pay a monthly subscription to Google to get help on how to use something I want to use for a nano second.

Can anyone offer any simple advice on how to use this really complicated service!

Solved Solved
0 2 564
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AndrewB
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TotsOnTour I would recommend creating a case with support. You should not have to set up Google Cloud Storage. https://support.google.com/google-workspace-individual/answer/10758209

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TotsOnTour I would recommend creating a case with support. You should not have to set up Google Cloud Storage. https://support.google.com/google-workspace-individual/answer/10758209

All good. Problem now resolved. You're right. I didn't have to set up Cloud Storage. It turns out there's an add on extension I needed to activate to my booking system to allow me to export the data. Thanks for your response. 🙂