Help members adopt the new community site

Hello,

Despite the numerous issues and setbacks we are experiencing with the immature release of the new community site, numerous established members have been engaging positively signalling issues, problems and potential improvements to Staff  members. 

Member's feedback has been distributed over a number of individual topics and numerous posts inside several topics, and it keeps increasing. 

To help driving the adoption of the new community site, and maintain members engagement, it is crucial to have a unified record showing all points signalled by community members and their status updates like: Under investigation, Working on a solution, Alternative method available, Solved, Planned, etc. 

I would like to ask you to assign a single point of contact from the Community Managers or Staff to redact, maintain and keep this record updated and available to community members. 

Thank in advance. 

4 4 130
4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love this idea. We are definitely starting work on a number of features. I'll create a post next week to track them and their status. 

Thank you @AndrewB 

Hi @Joseph_Seddik thank you for this important suggestion.

Hi @AndrewB , thank you for update that you are working on various feature updates. 

I also wanted to mention that in the new community, many questions posts (  which should belong to Q&A) have started getting posted in "Tips and Tricks" section.  In the long run, this will dilute the "Tips and Tricks" section. One such post is below that should actually be in Questions category per my understanding

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Show-birthday-dates-in-calenOne dar-view/td-p/38...

Before migration to new site,  our senior community guides @Steve and @Aleksi helped the community to keep the "Tips and Tricks" and "Questions" section neat. 

May I request you to continue that excellent practice.

I would like to join  @Suvrutt_Gurjar  in thanking @Joseph_Seddik for the suggestion and expressing my appreciation to @AndrewB for his positive response.  And, I'd like to offer a small amendment to KJS's suggestion.  When issues are listed, I think it would be nice to be able to see whether we are talking about functionality that was in the old forum but that we seem to have lost, or an issue that doesn't relate to the old forum.  For example, the question of how to make it easier to post video is important, but the old forum was no better in that regard than the current forum. Similarly, technical glitches that are unique to this forum (trouble I've written about that has to do with editing on Safari or smartphone display issues) are important but have no special relationship to the old forum.  On the other hand, many other points that have been brought up so far pertain to functionality that was in the old forum but that does not seem to be here so I'd like for that to be noted.  A simple checkbox for something like "function in old forum that did not migrate" would be sufficient.

But, of course, the most important point is the single point of contact idea from KJS.  My idea is just a little footnote.

Thanks for your consideration!