Is there an app for this?

Probably no-one would have noticed but my attendance in this community has dropped since... well since it existed. I used to frequent the other place every day or so, even contributed, but I find this community unworkable unless I am on a full size screen and even then its not ideal. Maybe if I found an app that reformatted the content for my mobile device (i.e., removing all the dead space and links that I am never going to be interested in), I may be more motivated to read and learn. 

Below is a screenshot of a random post I started to review today. Half the screen has gone before I even get to the subject line and I only see perhaps two lines of content before I have to scroll. But I can "Share this topic" even though I have not had the ability to read it yet!

Screenshot_20221004-174716_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then I read the contributor's valuable contribution and I lose another half the screen with icons and labels and who knows what else. I am even offered the ability to reply before I am aware that 5 others have already replied. And I thought I would be the first ๐Ÿ˜ž

Screenshot_20221004-175208_Samsung Internet.jpg

Somewhat unobtrusively there  are some navigation buttons labelled "All Items" and I know these will take me to the next message. It was not really obvious from the label but I learnt that already. But I am not yet ready to move on, the replies may be valuable to me.

Lets pause for a positive. The replies are nicely boxed and compacted

Screenshot_20221004-175650_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I read all those and then the question is what would I like to do? Maybe reply and I have the options to reply to the thread so that's good. But what if I have no reply? I have to scroll back up to find those navigation buttons again which would be annoying enough if they actually stood out but as they are, they are impossible to locate without scrolling a few times. Especially given that if there is a Solution it would be below that also. 

Screenshot_20221004-180006_Samsung Internet.jpg

I even carried on scrolling down in hope of finding a next button at the bottom of the page, past top topics, past top solution authors but no, there's no navigation at the bottom either. โ€ƒ

So is there a reader app for the Google Community? I just want the content please. and then I may join in again. 

โ€ƒ

4 4 195
4 REPLIES 4

First off, nicely formatted post.

I don't know the other experience so I'm not challenged by the same issues you addressed.

That said, it would be nice to have a "minimalist" mode as I too am only looking for Q&A and not particularly concerned with the "gaming/social" aspect. 

In don't think a "minimalist" mode would require a separate app per se, but if the content were atleast available in RSS or JSON format one could create an AppSheet or view to format the content as desired?

RSS Feed for Community

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/help/faqpage/title/rss

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I've become so numb to the deficiencies of this platform. I'm not sure I should thank you for reminding me that others also expect better, or curse you for stirring my frustration...

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @alphacp thanks for sharing this feedback with us. We're aware that there are more than a few UI/UX hiccups and our team is actively working on improvements in the background. We know it makes engaging in the community a challenge, so the screenshots and context are super-helpful. I'll pass them along to the engineering team. Please also feel free to PM me any additional matters I can escalate.

Tech team doesn't seem to understand actual requirements of users posting bugs on this community website.