Partner Only Community

With this new launch of a customer community I'd love to suggest (again ;)) that we create a Partners only section in here.  

I have been supporting multiple people on their journey to become a Google Cloud Partner and even connected with many of them afterwards to learn and help them learn as partners to their clients and help them navigate the corporation that is the partner organisation at Google.

A Partner only Forum would be great to help Google understand the challenges partners face as well as help other partners to navigate their journey through the programm and the limitations the partner tooling provides.  

What do other partners think of this? 

I believe that membership should be possible from the Partner Stage "Member" as to enable new partners to ask questions. 

14 13 1,647
13 REPLIES 13

@AndrewB I am moving this over here now so we can get more partner feedback here! 

I LOVE this idea, @dominik ! +1,000,000

Love this idea, @dominik! Your guidance was invaluable my company was onboarded as a Google Cloud Partner, and I’m thrilled by the opportunity to pay it forward and help build a stronger Partner ecosystem.

Count me in! 👍 

@AndrewB see, there is a good amount of interest here.  Let's get this going! 

I would love to see this. In fact, I have just been searching the web to see if there are any cloud partner communities available but couldn't find anything. I think this is a must have. We oftern have so many questions about the partner program and getting through all the information can be a challenge, even with a Partner Advisor on your side. 

Being able to talk to other partners would be tremendously helpful!

P.S. - If Google themselves won't do this, I would be willing to help something up on our own (like hosting a forum somewhere or creating a private subreddit. 

AndrewB
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Dominik, we are in conversations with the Partner teams around launching this idea in the coming months. 

Hi AndrewB, Is there any update on this?

@AndrewB Awesome! 👏🏼

Any updates on this? @AndrewB 

Hi @cryptochrome sorry no update on this yet.

Hi everyone,

since it has been over 1.5 years since we first asked Google to provide something exclusive to Google Cloud partners, I have taken the liberty to create a Google Chat Space for all of us myself. You can find detailed information and instructions on how to join here:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Community-Feedback/An-exclusive-Google-Cloud-Partner-Space/m...

I hope for a lively partner-only community and look forward to talking to you all in the Space. 

I couldn't agree more. This can't come soon enough.

My company is considering ditching the partner relationship because we can't find a cost-effective way of managing things (e.g. getting notified) when clients add more Google Workspace accounts, leaving us out of pocket

If we can learn how other partners manage this, it might help us to remain partners. Right now, it's too hard! Maybe this is a very common frustration that needs a resolution from Google?