Problem : When I reload the Home page repeatedly, the posts shown by "Load more" gradually disappear

The Home tab url is https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet/ct-p/appsheet 

The "Sorted by" pull-down is : "Most recent" which is the default and I do not change it.

Each time I reload the page, the first 5 posts are always consistent. However, when I click "Load more" I notice that posts 6 to 10 change between page reloads !!!

Posts 6 to 10 get "older" each time, so we end up missing one day then two days etc. of posts !

Steps to reproduce :

1- Open https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet/ct-p/appsheet

2- Click "Load more" and notice the date of posts 6 to 10

3- Reload the page in the browser, then repeat step 2 and 3 over and over.

Do other members of the AppSheet Community also notice this peculiar behavior ?

2 4 126
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @lamontfr,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  We will look into this issue.

Regards,

Michelle | Community Manager 

Thank you @lamontfr,

I will add the details of that post as well.

Regards,

Michelle | Community Manager

Good afternoon @Michelle 

If we could see much more than 5 topics when first loading the Home page, we could just scroll to scan over a longer time span and look for the unread topics that interest us or where we can help.

When the Home page sort order is "Most recent", here is a simple solution (algorithm) that I propose :

1- Let NUMTOPICS be the "Topics per page" from Settings / Preferences / Display.

2- Let MIDNIGHT be 00:00:00 hrs (12 AM) on today's date (based on the "Time zone" from Settings / Preferences / Preference Options).

3- The user opens or reloads the Home page.

4- Query the database to get all topics from the community areas (including Feature Ideas) that were posted or had comments since MIDNIGHT, sorted by descending time of the reply / comment or original post.

5- If we got less than NUMTOPICS items, add the posts from the preceding 24 hours sorted by descending time of the reply / comment or original post. Do this as many times as necessary until we have at least NUMTOPICS to show.

6- When the user clicks "Load More", repeat step 5 to show the next batch of items.