Stay Away from Appsheet

I have been trying to line up enterprise licensing from Appsheet for weeks. I was just informed by a "partner" that they cannot provide licensing for me and that I must start this process all over again. I'm on an enterprise trial license that expires in 4 days for a deployed app that my customers rely on to run their business.

I just had to tell my client that the app may not function in four days. I have egg on my face. I regret choosing this platform.

Since it takes so long to get a response from support or sales I feel I have no choice but to port a complex app backed by postgres database with stored procedures and trigger functions to a google sheet and try to make it work. 

This is a nightmare. Stay away from this platform.

Solved Solved
2 5 318
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you @Roderick and @Steve  for your help yesterday. I was able to get this situation resolved with your intervention. No other avenues yielded results. 

I still have to deal with fallout from this situation. My client has far less trust in me now, and I will need to rebuild that trust.

I don't enjoy being a squeaky wheel. Others have reported similar experiences in these forums in response to my posts. I hope that the people on the Google Workspace and Appsheet teams realize that there is a significant disconnect here that needs to be addressed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@gerz wrote:

I have been trying to line up enterprise licensing from Appsheet for weeks. I was just informed by a "partner" that they cannot provide licensing for me and that I must start this process all over again. I'm on an enterprise trial license that expires in 4 days for a deployed app that my customers rely on to run their business.

That's weird. You should not have an issue with that.

@Lauren_vdv maybe you can escalate this to the good person ?

"Since it takes so long to get a response from support or sales I feel I have no choice but to port a complex app backed by postgres database with stored procedures and trigger functions to a google sheet and try to make it work. "

I agree that Sales response delay is a recurrent situation reported on the Community.

About the Support part, I haven't experienced anything like this in the 3+ years I've been working on the AppSheet platform. I hope this is an exception.

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @gerz, I understand your frustration! I want to escalate this to a team that can get you back on track with AppSheet. Can you send me a direct message with any details you think would be helpful and I'll escalate this? 

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging this @Aurelien

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please DM me your name and company name. I've got a direct line to Sales.

Thank you @Roderick and @Steve  for your help yesterday. I was able to get this situation resolved with your intervention. No other avenues yielded results. 

I still have to deal with fallout from this situation. My client has far less trust in me now, and I will need to rebuild that trust.

I don't enjoy being a squeaky wheel. Others have reported similar experiences in these forums in response to my posts. I hope that the people on the Google Workspace and Appsheet teams realize that there is a significant disconnect here that needs to be addressed.