Cloud SQL

I am new to Google Cloud.  I want to set up a Cloud SQL with a simple database (like MySQL services offered by other free database providers) that I could link my App to and manage a simple small database.  I tried setting up a Cloud SQL account and added an instance and a database, but 1 week later Google had racked up over $100 in charges.  I never even got to use the service, not sure why Google charged me so much usage when I never even used it.  Could someone please guide me on how to set up a Cloud MySQL with a simple database?

Solved Solved
0 6 481
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your response. Does Google Cloud offer any free MySQL
services for a simple database?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Cloud SQL is a managed Service. It utilize compute, storage and network. So even if you don't query it is still utilizing these components behind the scenes for backend processes. If you are not going to use than you might want to delete your instance otherwise you will still get charged for backend processes.

Thank you for your response. Does Google Cloud offer any free MySQL
services for a simple database?

Google provides a $300 in free credits for new accounts that can be applied to services like Cloud SQL.

I have already passed the 3 months of free cloud service as I am using
other Cloud services as well.

Is there any MySQL service with Google for 1 simple database that is free
or very low cost?

Thank You.

I am sorry but there is no such option 

I'm in a similar position. When I use the pricing estimator, my settings show a couple of dollars per month. Max was $10 per month. Attempting to set up the same configuration results in $50 per month give or take. So there does seem to be a cheap option. Namely - non production, single location, shared cpu. So I'm not sure which option I'm enabling that is causing the huge jump in price. But the possibility is definitely there.image.png