Database Migration

Please help me and give ideas on how to migrate data from google cloud SQL so that I can use the same in my home data centre system I brought up as a switcher cluster to test operations for a time when Google Cloud Kubernetes services will be scaled down and my home data centre will scale up.

1 REPLY 1

Greetings @Sayandip!

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

Take a look at this documentation: Migrate data between Cloud SQL and external servers.

In migrating your data, you must set up your external server as an external replica, then demote the Cloud SQL instance to become the replica of the external server.

1. Follow the steps in Configuring External Replicas to create an external replica for your cloud SQL instance.
  2. When it's fully synchronized with Cloud SQL primary, take your application offline, and update the applications to point to the external server.
  3. Follow the steps in Demoting the primary instance of an external replica to demote the Cloud SQL primary instance. Demoting the primary instance also promotes the external server, making it the new primary instance.

Also, check out the best practices for importing and exporting data.

Let me know if it helped, thanks!