Firestore mode Datastore

Hi,

Can I store 1GB record size of data using Datastore Native mode.

Thank You,

Gowtham

1 9 177
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @gowthamreddy1,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Yes, you can store 1 Gigabyte of record using Native mode. Free quota allows you to get started at no cost. For the Free tier stored data quota is 1 GiBibyte.

If you need more quota, you must enable billing for your Google Cloud project.

You may check the pricing in this link Firestore pricing.

Hi @christianpaula

I tried storing one record with more than 1 MB size data in Firestore, but it didn't allow me to store. could you please help me here with this.

Thank You

I see below message while storing in Native mode.

Screenshot for evidence.

gowthamreddy1_3-1707393465243.jpeg

Hi @gowthamreddy1,

Your document is a little over for the limitation.

There's a limitation for a maximum size for a document is 1 mebibyte (1,048,576 bytes).

You may check this reference link for Standard limits.

Hi @christianpaula 

then Native Datastore mode won't support 1 GB of record right, it will only accept 1 MB record.

If Yes, that is okay.

If No, could you please provide me more details.'

Thank You.

Hi,

Per documentation, the maximum size of a datastore entity is 1MB.
Note: Your original question was about Firestore in Datastore which is why I've linked to that. If you're interested in Firestore in native mode, then refer to @christianpaula link instead

The 1GB that @christianpaula  was referring to is the total size of the DB (the documentation says you get the first 1GB for free)

In summary, each record (entity or row) can't be more than 1 MB in size but all of your records (rows of data) can be >= 1GB in total and you get the first 1GB for free.

..... NoCommandLine ......
 https://nocommandline.com
A GUI for Google App Engine
    & Datastore Emulator

Hello,

Sorry, I know I am asking question again, can we store 1 GB record size in Firestone mode datastore?

Note- I am referring 1 GB Json record. If this use case works will enable and start using this Firestore.

Thank You.

No, you can't (see my last response for Firestore in Datastore mode or @christianpaula response for Firestore in Native mode) 

..... NoCommandLine ......
 https://nocommandline.com
A GUI for Google App Engine
    & Datastore Emulator