Google Sheet and Bigquery

I am currently facing an issue while attempting to execute a query in Google Sheets using BigQuery, and I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.
Issue Details:
  • Error Message: I receive the following error message when executing the query:
    Query failed
    A refresh started by Tech Dealflyte failed at 3:30:20 PM UTC+5:30 on October 25, 2023.
    BigQuery error: Error encountered during execution. Retrying may solve the problem.

• Query Details: I am running the query below:
    SELECT * FROM `reia-commercial-dealflyte.commercial_buyers.type_cash` WHERE buyer_type = 'Cash';

• Dataset and Project: I am working with the following dataset and project: commercial_buyers is the dataset and reia-commercial-dealflyte is the project
  • Data Location: The data is located in the US region.
  • Permissions: I believe that the necessary permissions have been configured for my Google Cloud service account and Google Drive access.
  • The total number of rows of the sheet in Bigquery table buyer_type is 106392 rows
  • sheet.png

I would greatly appreciate your guidance and support in resolving this issue
Thanks!
0 1 250
1 REPLY 1

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Retry the Query: Transient BigQuery errors can sometimes be resolved by simply retrying the query. Consider doing this a few times before exploring other troubleshooting steps.

2. BigQuery Console: Check the BigQuery console for more detailed information. It might provide a specific error code or message that can be helpful in identifying the root cause.

3. BigQuery Job History: Review the BigQuery job history, which can offer insights into the status of your query and any associated errors. This can be accessed via the BigQuery console.

4. Permissions: Ensure you have the necessary permissions to run queries on the BigQuery table. Specifically, roles like roles/bigquery.dataViewer and roles/bigquery.jobUser are essential.

5. Table Integrity: While BigQuery is designed to handle concurrent queries and modifications, ensure that the table you're querying hasn't been deleted or is undergoing significant structural changes.

6. BigQuery Limits: Ensure your query isn't exceeding any BigQuery constraints, such as the maximum number of rows or the maximum query size. You can refer to the BigQuery quota page to verify these limits.

7. Contact BigQuery Support: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, and you have a support package with Google Cloud, consider reaching out to BigQuery support for more in-depth assistance. If you don't have a support package, you might be limited to community forums or official documentation.

Additional Considerations:

• If there have been any recent changes, such as schema modifications, permission adjustments, or other configurations, please provide details as they might impact the query's execution.
  • If the issue persists, sharing the full error message, query logs, and job history can provide a clearer picture, enabling more specific troubleshooting advice.