How to start building a ticketing software database

Hey Community, 
So I recently used a ticketing software and was wondering how are they developed. 
please suggest me some resources which can give me knowledge on Ticketing software database management

2 REPLIES 2

Everything is depend of your case. Ticket systems has a lot of faces 😉 
For example Jira use a postgresql by default, YouTrack has own database system.

Ticket system is very simple product and you have a lot of options because this concept if elastic. 

You can base you knowlages on exists systems e.g. Jira, YouTrack, Helpdesk, Zendesk.

Understanding databases is fundamental – resources like MySQL tutorials on W3Schools can be a solid start. Learning programming languages like Python, Java, or PHP is essential for functionality. Websites like Codecademy offer user-friendly tutorials to grasp these languages.
Now, envisioning the user experience is key. A smooth interface and intuitive workflow make a ticketing system user-friendly. Dive into UI/UX principles, and tools like Figma or Adobe XD can help you design effective interfaces.
As you think about expanding features, consider automated billing schedules. This could be an exciting addition to your software.