AppSheet App Jam: Getting started guide for new users

Published on ‎07-07-2022 01:28 PM by Community Manager | Updated on ‎07-07-2022 01:31 PM

Join the AppSheet team for a guided course taking you step-by-step through building an app in the AppSheet platform, plus the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers live.

What you’ll build:

During this course, you’ll gain experience with many fundamental skills used in the AppSheet platform. At the end of the course, you’ll have built an intermediate-level app and gained the AppSheet knowledge needed to create a wide range of useful apps to enhance your business.

What you’ll learn:

• How to connect data sources and generate an app
  • How to work with related data
  • How to filter data with Slices
  • How to create and customize UI views
  • How to create and manage app behaviors
  • How to create Automations
  • How to manage access controls

What you’ll need:

Modern Web Browser: AppSheet works best on Chrome.

Users must first create a free AppSheet account here.

Meeting information:

Featured Guests
Staff

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 11:00 AM PDT
End:
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 12:00 PM PDT
10 Comments
chaconc1
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi, is there a Google Slide presentation that could be shared with me please?

Thank you because I am a total new user to the AppSheet hence I am currently getting familiarized with it. 

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

Just as an idea, I'd like to see more comunity experts on the livestreams.
I mean, I wouldn't say that @derekco or @cschalk_ws  don't know what they are doing but to be honest I don't expect to find them here to ask them question and beign active members of the forum. While @Marc_Dillon @MultiTech @1minManager @Steve @Koichi_Tsuji and many more are people that we respect and call our attention just because we know they have enough experience to give us real gems when it comes to AppSheet.

As I said it's just an idea, I was wondering why I'm not interested to see any livestream and this was one of the reasons 

Thanks for your comment Oscar.
The "AppJam" idea is mainly to begin offering introductory content to new members of the community, many of whom are seeing AppSheet for the first time, so we discussed bringing some of our same internal training content that we've used for our sales and customer engineers and bringing out to our community.
Your suggestion of bringing more of our active members of the community into potential streaming opportunities with us is a good one. We'll definitely discuss on our side. 
Thanks for watching. 🙂

yipsy
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

@Lauren_vdv how do you submit questions for live answer? Interested in learning about deployment options. Thx. 

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @yipsyyou may need to create a personal YouTube account in order to utilize the chat. We'll cover more on deployment options in the event recap post, which will be shared here in the AppSheet Community. Thank you! 

mparkinson
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Will this be recorded so it can be viewed later?

@mparkinson yes! We'll also be sharing a recap post in the Community, including the recording and additional resources. 

SanchezJames1
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Will this event be going over how to make custom Yes/No buttons? Also, will this go over how to do a an archiving of data like a separate sheet or page for completed tasks versus incomplete?

I think you are asking too specific stuff.

I expect it to be exactly what is told, a guide for new users, people that have no idea how the platform works.
At the same time I think that it's going to teach the skills needed for you to create any other non-standard behaviour

Thank you for your feedback.