AppSheet Office Hours: Updates and tips using the App Editor, Chat Apps, and AppSheet Databases

Published on ‎01-12-2023 03:25 PM by Community Manager | Updated on ‎01-12-2023 03:28 PM

AppSheet Office Hours are back and we’re kicking off 2023 covering the latest updates and tips using the AppSheet App Editor, no-code Chat Apps, and AppSheet databases.

Join us on February 7th at 9AM PT to hear from our Product Managers and AppSheet experts as they cover:

• Streamlining the app creation experience with AppSheet Editor usability improvements
  • Setting up a Chat App and how to use them to run automations with Chat
  • Importing Google Sheets into an AppSheet database along with other tips and tricks

As always, you’ll also have the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers live.

Save your spot by selecting the "Yes" button on the right, and ask your questions in advance by posting a comment below.

We hope to see you there!

Meeting information:

Featured Guests

Staff

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Tue, Feb 7, 2023 09:00 AM PST
End:
Tue, Feb 7, 2023 10:00 AM PST
70 Comments

I am providing some documentation that I found, which may help you with your doubts.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11568965?hl=en&ref_topic=11445504

David_H1
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

How about adding a Hover Field?

Fithos1
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Question for Office Hours or if someone is able to answer before hand. Was there a change to the desktop application on how names are displayed. Names will have have dots and or are blurred out at the end of the names when using EMULISTS and or EMU. This was not like this on last Friday. Everything currently is showing fine on the mobile and tablet mode. But not on desktop. 

Thanks. I am going to be ready for the next step with the mobile.

tmizanur
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Thanks, everyone. The idea is going to be clear.

baba_sawane
Silver 5
Silver 5

What do you think of the possibility for "Collection of Files" table type to read sub-folders and detect all sub-files path ?

It would be so useful and could open possibilities for drag and drop folders in Drive(or any source) and automatically folderizing in app. 

baba_sawane
Silver 5
Silver 5

Is there any plan for a feature that will mass-delete tables (and referenced Slices) without having to do it one-by-one ? 

Hey there @baba_sawane - Sounds like a great idea to raise on our Feature Ideas Forums. You might find some interesting workarounds on this thread to lighten the load.

Albarketed
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

you are welcome 

tmizanur
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Actually I am not an App developer but working at the Google workspace and several spaces.

So far, haven't I had the right to join with this Google Community?

If No, then ---

If yes, then I will try to have my attempt to do something great.

Looking forward for hearing.

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're happy to have you here. Are you looking for a space to collaborate on Google Workspace? Check on the Workspace Community where members can find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community of experts.

jmalones
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

When will the upload video and show video feature be available for iOS?

pivotalinsights
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Would love to know how to batch add records via webhook based on variable amount entered i.e. save 50 in one table and adds that many records in another

There is a great thread started by @Steve that might help you with this. Hope this helps!

We can do this already by using loop action. Try reading this, the explanation from Steve helps me a lot

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Add-any-number-of-rows-from-any-row-within-a-tab... 

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in! 

jocaya
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Will there be a more flexible way in arranging our card layouts?  I feel that being limited to list, photo, backup and large doesn't necessarily suit our requirements.  Please consider setting up a more flexible way wherein we can put up a card layout - even if it's still vertically oriented - that's more suited to the number of fields that we would like to expose in the view.  Thank you.

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question @jocaya -- We'll try to get you an answer either here in the thread of through the recap!

garrett1
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Are there tools and methods available for migrating a Workspace to a new domain as in the case of changing one's primary domain. Some of the tables do have 'Person' type fields that pull from the directory. 

Saddam
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Dear Concern,

I really appreciate to the AppSheet Team and Google for give us very powerful and easy flatform. We are happy to use it 😊. for AppSheet hours I have some question below. I'm looking your priority on it. I'm working more than 3 year with Appsheet.

01# AppSheet Database fully ready now?

02# -==== AppSheet Build-In Database ====-

Because I have one application more than 9 thousand row. now this application very very slow. I ready all article and also I spoke with the AppSheet Support Team too many times. but this app is very very slow. I apply all kind of trips & tricks. but still same issue. Now I'm thinking that maybe this google sheet is not able to handle more than 10 thousand row.

So I'm looking something to make solution for it. If AppSheet Build-In Database can help with this then it will be very big inspiration for me.

03# -==== Add or Remove User ====-

If I can Add or Remove User by Automation or by Database then it will be very good System. because currently I need to add/remove user from App Editor.

Best Regards

Saddam