AppSheet Office Hours: Updates and tips using the App Editor, Chat Apps, and AppSheet Databases

Published on ‎01-12-2023 03:25 PM by Community Manager | Updated on ‎01-12-2023 03:28 PM

AppSheet Office Hours are back and we’re kicking off 2023 covering the latest updates and tips using the AppSheet App Editor, no-code Chat Apps, and AppSheet databases.

Join us on February 7th at 9AM PT to hear from our Product Managers and AppSheet experts as they cover:

• Streamlining the app creation experience with AppSheet Editor usability improvements
  • Setting up a Chat App and how to use them to run automations with Chat
  • Importing Google Sheets into an AppSheet database along with other tips and tricks

As always, you’ll also have the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers live.

Save your spot by selecting the "Yes" button on the right, and ask your questions in advance by posting a comment below.

We hope to see you there!

Meeting information:

Featured Guests

Staff

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Tue, Feb 7, 2023 09:00 AM PST
End:
Tue, Feb 7, 2023 10:00 AM PST
70 Comments
agregg02
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

It would be really nice to have a checkbox for y/n data types

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're going live shortly! Join us for today's AppSheet Office Hours: Updates and tips using the App Editor, Chat Apps, and AppSheet Databases.

Will there be a recording?

Peter_Bernsen
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

How to make an ordering app with order details and one part number  with different languages and prices depending on a relation tabel?

ayates
Silver 2
Silver 2

I'd love to see a more detailed example of a many-to-many relationship between items, and how best to display that; for example, I'm trying to enable 'tagging' of content. I know I need tables for items, tags, and the item-tag relationship - but I'm struggling to find a good pattern for displaying the items with the relevant tags on them.

Binh
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

with appsheet database can we write software with larger database? my current software is very slow.
Can I transfer data from spreadsheet app to appsheet database and vice versa?

SCREINA
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

It would be interesting to talk about licenses offers to students or freelancers to develop applications and publish in application stores.

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @SCREINA,

Currently AppSheet does not offer licenses specifically for students or freelancers. We do still offer a free tier that allows freelancers, consultants, small business owners and even students to create at their own pace with a couple of stipulations. App Creators can stay on the free plan forever if:

• Your apps are for personal (non-business) use.
  • You are the only app user.
  • You do not need to use features not supported for a free account (such as sending emails using AppSheet automation)

What's great about this is creators including students, freelancers, etc. can build and iterate their apps on a free account until they are ready to take their product to the marketplace and/or tap into more advanced features; at which point they can convert their account to the subscription model that makes the most sense for their needs. 

AppSheet Core licenses are included at no cost in Enterprise Plus and Education Plus plans. Some students may qualify for access if their institution has a qualifying Google Workspace edition.

Thanks for answering, I'll keep it in mind. 👍 

tmizanur
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Hello, Every

I actually want to know some points or ideas about working on Google Workspace.

So far, please, let me know. Doesn't the stored data need share at Google workspace?

When do I need the use of professional email to send a mail?

Looking forward for hearing from you, please.

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there - The Workspace Q&A Forum might be a better place for you to find support! 

Mahdawi
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Looping with Action Behavior Work Perfectly while using Mobile View... However It always Give Error Masage ("Could Not Find row With Key") when Used In Desktop View.... it can only add fisrt row then loop cant be executed.

fernalmazan
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

can you use appsheet database as a data source for google studio/looker studio?

You sure can! There are several threads in the community around AppSheet Databases + Looker Studio. Also check out this Support Doc for background. 

Also, https://community.looker.com/ is a GREAT source for Looker + AppSheet tips & tricks. Let us know how you fare!

Cheers,

Yes!

--

FEDERICO PASCARELLA

Coordinador de onboarding Latam/hispanoamérica

www.inicie.digital

<>
fernalmazan
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hello, will there be a placeholder text fields or help text for the form please?

hichimi
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I would love to execute PDF exporting from the table view or a template formatted style file with the AppSheet native feature (not the record by record per a page). 
When will this feature be live?

I believe this tool is already available, you could check in this topic below:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11541779?hl=en 

You can create a table to filter all the records you want to download in pdf.

Use START to pull the table ref of the columns you want.

Thanks for jumping in and sharing @CaioVSMoreno!

I been trying to grasp these expressions but I can't seem to wrap my head around the concept. Does anyone have any materials that will help me understand why, when and how to use expressions?