Ability to search in app editor

When I make a change to an existing, complex app, there's often something I forget about that needs to be changed to work with whatever I did.  If I could search within the app editor, I could find all instances that I've used or referenced a particular column, snippet of text, whatever.  This way I could make sure I've dealt with everything.

Status Open
4 6 194
6 Comments
DroidTeo
Silver 1
Silver 1

I would like to have something like this at least for the expressions and the items used inside the dropdown 🙂 

Suvrutt_Gurjar
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

You could try the Documentation option below. You can click on the word here and the app documentation is loaded on a webpage. You could then search by a column name , wherever the column name occurs in the app.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1675654124218.png

Patrick_Paul
Silver 2
Silver 2

The documentation is a great idea.  But in my experience it takes literally 15 minutes to load and isn't very user-friendly.  Definitely better than nothing, however!  I hadn't thought of this.

Suvrutt_Gurjar
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Yes, it is definitely not the most ideal and can certainly be improved . But I believe it is sufficiently detailed and good with cross references. It systematically lists various elements such as views, columns , slice, format rules and so on with sufficient details.  I believe many app creators have been utilizing it with some good usefulness.

On time to download, could you please confirm does it really take 15 minutes for you to download?  Is the app too big in your case?

I could download app documentation for an app with 14 medium size tables ( in terms of number of columns- total app. 300 columns) and approximately 35 user defined and 50 total actions , 34 slices  and 41 views in around 30-45  seconds.

Patrick_Paul
Silver 2
Silver 2

15 minutes is a guesstimate, but yes, it takes awhile because I literally have thousands of columns across multiple tables.  It's a big app.  Too big, really.

Suvrutt_Gurjar
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Oh okay. Thank you for the details.