Add multiple photos from camera roll

HI,
We have so many users asking for how to add multiple images from camera roll, not just one by one and having to ADD > OPEN PHOTO > CHOOSE SOURCE > PICK IMAGE > SAVE for every single photo!
Lets say you have 5 images you’d like to add. It takes time and is frustrating, especially knowing that almost all other systems/apps allows you to add multiple photos from camera roll. Why not Appsheet?
Documenting through photos is one of the most important features for an app. I fear Appsheet is falling behind due to this.
It would be ok with a limit for this, e.g. max 5 photos at the time or something (if you must). Anything would help here…!
Please vote for this.

Status Under Review
41 28 1,539
28 Comments
Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

khuslid
Silver 3
Silver 3

"Under review" is at least a small step in the right direction;) @Roderick 

If you find a solution for this, MANY users will be happy!

alastorpolanco
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

+1

peterson
Silver 2
Silver 2

This is definitely a problem for AppSheet. This is in the app structure. I have tried an external relational database that allows me to select multiple images per entry, but AppSheet is not able to do so. 

Yet, it is so frustrating to see users saying: "This is not Appsheet's goal, if you want this feature, migrate to another platform" Heeeyy!!! If this is not useful for you it might be to someone else. Are you happy to know that the tool you use is still limited compared to others?

Appsheet is missing a lot of nowadays features, and Google has to listen to its clients, plus I fear the future of Appsheet if it does not get adapt to the new no-code era. I love it! But it still needs to improve and we users are the key to push it forward.

bolognesiedalla
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

@Roderick sorry, any news on this feature? we have no updates since December 2022.

Thanks a lot

KON_TROLL
Silver 2
Silver 2

From our field workers point of view, this is the biggest drawback of using Appsheet. Appsheet should look into this...

CaseySpotOn
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

@peterson Agree with you 1000%

And cc: @khuslid 

FYI, Retool seems to have implemented this pretty dang elegantly over the last year or so:

bolognesiedalla
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

@Roderick any update? 
one year under review with no news?

there’s a possibility to have this feature or we have to move to another system?

KON_TROLL
Silver 2
Silver 2

Looks dark....

I hope design and developers in Apssheet read this....

@Arthur_Rallu  @lizlynch  any thoughts on this?

Bolognesi_group
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

this function would be a fundamental development....a sort of imagelist column.

I believe that many users may not choose to approach appsheet due to this limitation.

Some news? Is there an idea of when this feature might be operational even if only in testing?

@Roderick 

zachallaun
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Currently missing this feature myself right now. 

Bolognesi_group
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Is it possible that no one from Google can provide updates regarding this feature? in the age of artificial intelligence that multiple media cannot be attached in a single step, and the poor customization of the UX may even be a reason for abandonment of the platform or poor use by users.
There are currently 64 requests under review but they seem likely to remain there for years. Is there a real date for which this functionality is supposed to be integrated? @Roderick @

you guys who are very experienced have some more information @Steve @MultiTechS@Suvrutt_Gurjar @AleksiAlkio ?

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

@Bolognesi_group No insight from me.

You could build a work around by integrating a google drive folder as a table... but this then presents alternative difficulties, as now you've got to make a way to connect these drive file "records" (in the app) to your actual records.

• This is achievable, but it brings with it a significant amount of overhead you'll need to implement in order for this sort of system to work smooth.

Ultimately, the current fastest way for multiple image entry would be through a rapid repeating form.

But I hear ya