Better Checkbox function

I’d like to request a better or easier way to set up check boxes. Perhaps make it some option you can select when creating a Yes/No type column in a table. As of now the following link shows the only way I’ve found to make checkboxes, and it seems very convoluted for such a simple and useful function:

https://community.appsheet.com/t/how-to-add-a-checkbox-to-a-table-view/13942

Status Under Review
71 28 5,156
28 Comments
Kirk_Masden
Gold 1
Gold 1

Thanks @tsuji_koichi! I see how you did it. I did something similar with format rules but I think that your method is simpler and therefore better. Format rules should probably be avoided when possible.

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

This is not perfect for me and for you for sure. I hope we are able to get to see better UIs for those stuffs when Appsheet upgrate each view for coming months. This is just I thought what we are able to achieve a bit closer to what you want. But to swich to table view with those inline actions, it looks horrible, i must state.

TDhers

@morgan @Arthur_Rallu are working on improving this… THank you all for the feedback.
THierry

Lucinda_Mason
Silver 5
Silver 5

Yea! Any idea when some of these changes might roll out?

Paul_Grindley
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Any update on this feature request?

Phong_Lam1
Silver 1
Silver 1

Yes, I think checkbox is an important feature !

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kirk_Masden
Gold 1
Gold 1

@Pratyusha I felt the need for this again today.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.43.35.png

I like the the look of the blue on/off switch but other issues make it unusable.  This has gotten lots of votes.  I hope it can be moved from "Open" to "Under review" soon.

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kirk_Masden
Gold 1
Gold 1

Thanks @Roderick !

FaCe
Silver 2
Silver 2

Any update on this most_wanted_request ? 

Thanks for listening

philippevg
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

+1 Patiently waiting for an update on this.

Nantha
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Waiting on this