Change data for view without losing all columns and other config

It would really be great if the columns and other config wasn't lost when changing the data. a great number of the views in my app are using slices, and ill have for example 5 slices, same columns, so I have to make the detail view 5 times, the form 5 times, the tables 5 times, etc etc.. all the columns are the same or 90% the same across the slices but I have to redo everything every time. I hit copy on a ux view, change the data to a different slice then it drops everything. I would have spent many hours of extra time repeating everything over and over due to this

Status Open
3 2 128
2 Comments
dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

Maybe community members have techniques to offer here to minimize this rework. 
Regardless, this seems like a helpful Feature Request to post in that board. 

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

This is actually how it should be - at least, that's how things were configured, intentionally, back in 2017 or before.  (From what I can remember)  So if it's not, it's a bug

• You should be able to switch a view's data source from one table to a slice and back - all day long - and nothing of the setting should change.  That is unless some of the columns in the slice aren't included, those settings would be removed, but everything else is supposed to stay the same.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Standard Workaround

• I use this pretty much EVERY time I have a slice aggregate view (table, deck, gallery, etc.) and I want to take someone to the "same looking view" as the default
  • I'll just literally send them to the default view - not even bothering with building a duplicate view

LinkToRow([ROW_ID_HERE], "VIEW_NAME_HERE")

•  Put this inside the event action for the aggregate views
  • This way, when someone taps on a slice record - they're taken to the default detail view of that record
  • When they hit the back button, they're taken right back to where they came from (looking at that slice aggregate view)