Color Buttons in context form or quick edit with Format Rules

Hi Appsheet Devs

I know that curently we can add colors to actions and place them at the top or in line but think it could be great for the format rules to be able to affect buttons in context of a form and in quick edit columns. In this case I have a boolean column shows the app color when the button is selected.

Rene_Casana_Ama_0-1658822030193.png

But this is what I want to achieve with this idea The user can have a quicker understanding or visual awareness of wich area contains the actions that represent a negative and wich ones a positive.

Rene_Casana_Ama_1-1658822429816.png

Thank you very much in advance!

Status Open
3 3 440
3 Comments
dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

If I understand your idea, it is already possible. Do you mean something different than what's reflected in the following example?

dbaum_0-1658837146422.png

dbaum_1-1658837268495.png

Rene_Casana_Ama
Silver 1
Silver 1

Yes, thanks for bringing that detail to the conversation.

I know this can be done, but what I mean with this feature I'd like is for the actual buttons status selected and unselected change the background color based on the format rule instead of the text, because visually it will cause something not desirable, for example, a button selected having blue background and red text don't look good.

So I had to make this in photoshop to better understand the feature.

Rene_Casana_Ama_0-1659304809919.png

dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

Thanks for explaining. Indeed, smarter selection color is an important missing feature. Insufficient color contrast between foreground text and background color makes the content imperceivable for many users--especially those with visual impairment.