Copy to Clipboard Action

It would be really cool to be able to place this action on various pieces of text that people may need so that they could copy and paste it easily. As a user i find it considerate just seeing the action even if i never use it.

Status Under Review
124 55 3,747
55 Comments
TG-Techie
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Agreed, this would be usefuls

(if anything, I think it would be more useful on mobile over desktop)

DrBernardo
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

More than two years and nothing... Please devs help us! It's a useful feature and easy to implement,  I believe.

JStsmc
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I would really appreciate it if Appsheet could add a clipboard feature. It would be very helpful for my work. If that's not possible, would you consider releasing a customizable JS extension?

Kirk_Masden
Gold 1
Gold 1

I have an word-study app in which I use actions to construct external links to the word being studied on various dictionaries.  Now I'd really like to be able to make such a link to ChatGPT.  In that regard I found this:

Q: How can I link to chatgpt web prepopulating the first prompt on the chat?
A: I’m not sure if you can pass the initial prompt via the URL. However you can copy the prompt to their clipboard and open chat.openai.com 78, when the user clicks.

https://community.openai.com/t/how-can-i-link-to-chatgpt-web-prepopulating-the-first-prompt-on-the-c...

So, this is another example of where it would be nice to have a copy-to-clipboard action.  I'd like to provide several multiple sample prompts, constructed using the word and the sentence the student is studying, in English and Japanese.  I need this feature to do that.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

@JStsmc wrote:

I would really appreciate it if Appsheet could add a clipboard feature. It would be very helpful for my work. If that's not possible, would you consider releasing a customizable JS extension?

Eagerly Awaited Enhancement!

danielGS
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

any update? seems like dead

FaCe
Silver 2
Silver 2

+ 1 please add it ASAP !

baba_sawane
Silver 5
Silver 5

We need an update

alejomgp
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I fail to understand why Google bought Appsheet if they were going to lack the necessary support. New features are nothing but a mirage of some sort, and top requests have been stagnant for as long as one can remember.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

@alejomgp wrote:

top requests have been stagnant for as long as one can remember.

Google is working hard on improving a ton of things, but it seems like they're not focusing on what users really want. Chat apps, AI creations, and new editors are cool and all, but we really just want the features we've been asking for. Plus, they keep adding all these extra features that no one asked for. It's a bit frustrating, if you ask me. 

Manager comes in morning: “Guys, let's put our heads together today and brainstorm a list of all the features that no one ever requested. Our boss will absolutely love seeing our creative thinking in action!”

this is my understanding. Correct me if I’m wrong.