Data > Options > Default Column Settings

Whenever I’ve initiated the “Ignore Seconds” setting for a duration column… I’ve done so throughout the app

The downside to this is that each column has it’s own individual setting

• Which means you have to set this for all of them.

While it’s absolutely necessary in some cases to be able to control things on an individual basis like this;

• there are some instances where I don’t need this level of granularity.
    • So including a master level control for this would really help reduce my workload.

Duration isn’t the only column with these sorts of settings

• Numbers, Decimals, Time, etc.
  • Each of these have their own individual settings
    - that most likely need to be the same from table to table
    - If I’ve got a Duration that’s ignoring seconds on a Timesheet table… most likely I would like to also ignore seconds on a User table that’s creating a SUM() of all the timesheet durations.

I imagine you could fit this under the the new Data > Options menu

Perhaps a new section: (Default Column Settings)

Having a space that gives us a way to set these default values (for new tables of course), would really help reduce not only dev workload - but also possible missed column settings.

The idea being: if you set these defaults, any newly added tables will use these defaults

• This would give me the ability to:
    1. Add a first table
      • Set the column settings to what I want
      • Set the Default Column Settings to the same thing
    2. Add subsequent tables
      • Any columns use their specific defaults
        • Not doing whatever it would normally do, but instead following my default settings

This way ALL my tables would automatically have the same Number, Decimal, Time, Duration, etc. settings - presenting the users with a unified system.

As always; thanks for considering
3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

Status Open
4 1 108