Draw Module: Straight line option, and dotted line option

The draw on photo module is create. we use it extensively. In our Holiday LIghting division its becoming critical that we work on the straight line. Simple a shakey line does not look as professional as a straight line. If we were to modify the draw module, it might be just as simple to add dotted line to the line options also.
See this screencast of its applied use: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zAB54roQBu4dEWE4pp4N3kfN229ZE21_/view

Anyone have thoughts on the feasibility of this feature to be possible and the possibility of completion?

Status Open
0 3 671
3 Comments
Fabian_Weller
Gold 1
Gold 1

In your case I could think of using the XY or the address column type to bring in your map and then add a kml Polygon.
You could draw the Polygone like in Google My Maps:

Note: This is not possible right now in AppSheet.

Question: How did you get the Picture of the House into your App? Is it a screenshot?

Brennan_Morrow
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Hi Fabian,
I like the way you are thinking!.

I did take a screenshot of the google map to get the image in the draw module.

Using Google my maps will not work however, as about 50% of the estimate we do with the app are on-site estimates, where we use the picture capture aspect.

It was a great idea! and I am going to try to use it in the cases where I can do the google remote view.

Thanks Fabian!

In the meantime, I am going to get dreaming of the drawing module to have straight light ability!

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager