External Emulator window

Something that prevents me to use the emulator is the fact that it's a fixed sized and just two modes, "Mobile" and "Tablet".

I would like to have an option to an external emulator, opened in another window, that's listening to the changes from the editor the same way it does the iFrame.

Today the icon at the right side of the Mobile and Tablet options just opens the app externally the same way a "Browser Link" does. This is counterintuitive and doesn't provide much for the creator. I mean, we can open our app wherever we want (on a device or tab) and we need to sync to see changes.

Also this could be huge for multimonitor users like myself to be able to edit and have a desktop-size emulator at the same time.

Hope this gets into the platform soon

BTW: What a pain it's to paste a simple gif here. You need to mess up with html.

Discourse, I miss you

Status Open
3 4 241
4 Comments
Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

Btw @Arthur_Rallu @Roderick, I'd consider this even more important now with the new Desktop Mode

Arthur_Rallu
Staff

@SkrOYC I'm sure you've already seen this, but for reference:  https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/In-Preview-New-UI-design-for-desktop-users/m-p...

this should be rolling out. 

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

Thanks @Arthur_Rallu, I'm included in the new preview, looks really good and thanks for the tagging.

Btw, this new button is available if the Desktop Mode Preview is turned on, but we might want to use it as a preview without wanting our users to access the new preview considering the bugs that are still there.

Also, based on this Feature Idea, I would want exactly this but for any view, not just desktop.
Finally, I think that an external window should be opened instead of a new tab on the same browser.

I'll add this feedback on the Desktop Mode thread.

Thanks again for the update!