Horizontal Align - Displayed text is shown from LEFT to RIGHT

I entered some Arabic text (long text and short text). Arabic is aligned from RIGHT to LEFT. But the displayed text is shown from LEFT to RIGHT

Is there an option of text alignment ( Horizontal Align ) in APPSHEET

2X_7_7d05f119b9aecacff50d801f1f0e26cd328392b4.jpeg

Status Open
40 35 2,996
35 Comments
Izzat_Safrah
Silver 3
Silver 3

@mfakhreddine Thank you for your cooperation. I am glad that you can relate to the issue and I look forward to hearing good news from you, at least RTL for type ( Long Text ) in my first example.

Callkhalid

Supporting Arabic in RTL will be really helpful

and also MSGs to be in Arabic

Izzat_Safrah
Silver 3
Silver 3

@Callkhalid

It will helpful if supporting Arabic, I hope the programmer team will include this feature

yonatan

can i collab with you with a Hebrew (RTL language) sample app?

Joseph_Seddik
Gold 4
Gold 4

Dear Mohamed,

I’m a native Arabic speaker myself and was one of first persons who worked on introducing Arabic into computer systems back in the 90s.

Hoping this helps and would make it easier to implement. AppSheet here is not required to “support RTL” because this is already handled for AppSheet by the OS in case of mobile devices, and mainly the browser in case of PCs. As you can see in the app provided by Izzat, Arabic text is rendered correctly, letters are in the correct order with no scrambling, and language-specific attachment rules are respected. So all the RTL-related work is already done, and AppSheet is perfectly adopting it

The only issue here is paragraph alignment. So a proposal would be just to detect the character set being used and if it belongs to an RTL language, you just align the paragraph to the Right.

Arabic Unicode range: 0x00600-0x006FF, this includes other of languages like Farsi, Urdo, etc.
Hebrew Unicode range: 0x00590-0x005FF

CSS to make right alignment:

div.classAlignRight {
  text-align: right;
} 
Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Izzat_Safrah
Silver 3
Silver 3

Attached are examples of Arabic language display with wrong text alignment and the same example with correct alignment. ( several examples )

This is important mostly in ( VIEW CARD ) when we use long text.

We need you to fix this issue at least. I have seen several  comments by other users for my thread, mostly involving the same issue. to summarize, it involves languages that are written from RIGHT to LEFT.

Example ( 1 )

1 NOT.jpg1 OK.jpg

Example ( 2 )

2 NOT.jpg2 OK.jpg

Example ( 3 )

3 NOT.jpg3 OK.jpg

Example ( 4 )

4 NOT.jpg4 OK.jpg

Example ( 5 )

5 NOT.jpg5 OK.jpg

shalom
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

I build apps in Hebrew and encounter this problem all the time

I am willing to cooperate to help with this change

אני בונה אפליקציות בעברית ונתקל בבעיה הזו כל הזמן

אני מוכן לשתף פעולה כדי לעזור בשינוי זה

shalomGEFFNER
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

This is a sample application in the Hebrew language

Tell me how I can help with this issue?
if i can help

@pravse 

Thanks

https://www.appsheet.com/start/65093b7c-18e9-4928-9850-f37d9ff09968#appName=NewApp-4849714&page=deta...

pravse
Staff

@isdal , @zito , @Arthur_Rallu @Jana_Mandic  FYI .... is this something we can try to address or engage with @shalomGEFFNER to find something that may not fix all the edge cases but solves the main problem? Thanks

shalomGEFFNER
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

@pravse  

If you need another app (more data)
Tell me
Thanks

Test_Test
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

@pravse wrote:

is this something we can try to address or engage with @shalomGEFFNER

Shalom @shalomGEFFNER ,

Any progress on this?

I've seen some ideas to use CSS. Has this panned out?

Thanks

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're looking into this one! 

YairHass
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I just read the discussion that has been going on here for 3 years about a very simple issue. As mentioned earlier, RTL language support has almost been completed, and the only thing that needs to be done is to allow paragraph alignment to the right.

I have just finished creating my first Hebrew app. I manage a non-profit organization and created it to manage a crowdfunding project for the organization. I did everything myself in just a few days with the help of chat GPT. However, I discovered too late that paragraphs cannot be aligned to the right.

I will build the next application on a different platform if this issue is not resolved.

I reiterate what has been written here before, it is possible and it is a shame that this issue has not been addressed for 3 years.

ALB
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

+1 

Can't understand why no one cares about so many users and ignoring huge potential markets when this issue can be solved in few hours of development time (if not less!)

This is the only reason I don't recommend Appsheet to any Arabic, Hebrew speakers!

@Roderick