Hover-Over Tooltips in Forms

I have a number of fully developed apps, many of which incorporate a form (some more complex than others). In these forms, I often have to portrait relevant, supplimental information to app users when they fill them out in order to guide them to select/write the correct information into the input. At the moment, I find myself creating "Show" columns to visualize this additional information (typically before the relevant input). I chose to do it this way because it is much cleaner than including the additional info into the same column header using parenthesis. What would be a really nice feature would be if you could add another setting to the "Display" section when setting the data types of all the columns of a table. It would look something like this:

Sobiesa1_0-1689629494066.png

(apologies for the poor drawing). In the event that the suggested "Tooltip Text" contains a value (isnotblank), then when you hover over the column header in a form for example, it would display a small pop-up window with the text you wrote in "Tooltip Text". Either that or in the event that "Tooltip Text" contains a value, appsheet would automatically place a 

Sobiesa1_1-1689629691499.png

symbol next to the column header. When you hover over that symbol, it would then display the "Tooltip Text" in a small pop-up window next to it.

Although I only described one use case, I'm certain other appsheet developers could utilize this feature beyond the situation I described.

Status Open
12 3 1,024
3 Comments
kaffee
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi,
I upvoted because I, too, would like to have this option. I came to your question looking for a way precisely to do just what you described. Thanks for posting.

matthewmoran
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

We've had this requested on several apps.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

I endorse this idea, not only for forms but throughout the entire application. It's remarkable to see the immense utility of this feature.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 12.42.58 PM.png