In desktop view, don't apply search criteria to details pane

In desktop mode, the way the search currently works causes user confusion.  Search terms that are labels for ref fields are applied differently than other search terms.  

For example, the list below is a list of member records and each member record may include a reference to a boat record.  The default action when clicking a row to open a detail view.   On the mobile version of the app, this works as expected, with either a search by name or by boat working consistently.  However, on the desktop view, searching by name works as expected, but searching by boat name (the ref field label) has a surprising behavior.

After searching by the ref field value, the correct record shows, and clicking the record brings the details panel with the correct header.  But no details are shown until the search field is cleared.After searching by the ref field value, the correct record shows, and clicking the record brings the details panel with the correct header. But no details are shown until the search field is cleared.

Even though the search got me to the record I wanted correctly, i won't be able to see the details of this record until after I clear the search field.  

The same user actions (enter a search, click a row)  have the expected results if the value searched appears directly in the parent record.The same user actions (enter a search, click a row) have the expected results if the value searched appears directly in the parent record.

The search criteria should only be applied to the rows shown, not also to the details shown once a row is selected.

Status Open
1 1 77