Increase Picture Quality and Better Design Features

When team members upload pictures through the app of their work, it reduces the quality to 1000x1000 when phones are taking pictures at 2k or better. The minimum image quality should be 1920x1080 and go up from there not start at 600x600. No one takes images in that quality anymore. Second, the design features are extremely limited or maybe my knowledge is limited. I'll accept if I'm wrong.  When I envision my app, I imagine it looking like a web page with drop-downs and links to everything employees would ever need.  Sadly all I get is blocks that you can click on to take you to different views. I need more design options. 

Status Open
0 3 203
3 Comments
SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5
  1. You can config AppSheet to upload images on their full size
  2. Knowledge always limit, even when you don't realize it. It happens to me all the time
  3. Those "blocks" are what AppSheet is made of and it's the reason some of us keep using it. I can make a well made and fully functional app on maybe 1 hour? 2 hours max. Obviously more complex apps need more time but I'm not exagerating about how fast you can create a good app. If you don't like it, there are alternatives out there. I use AppSheet as-is and I've been able to do a lot with it thanks to that mindset
Batts
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

First and foremost, I not trying to put down app sheets, just offer suggestions for improvement. My company loves app sheets because two people can maintain it and push updates in about an hour or two. The limit we face is the design capabilities. It's very limited on what you can do in the design space that's why we refer to it as "blocks". Second, the maximum picture quality that will upload to a document is 1000x1000. It can't go past that. Support has already confirmed it and suggested that we submit a suggestion here for improving it. If I take a picture with my tablet or phone the original quality should not be reduced to 1000x1000. We should have the ability to set the scale at HD or higher. We already know that the original image can be uploaded but it will appear as a link in the document and that doesn't work for us. We want the image to appear in the document clearly. We have watched app sheets improve greatly over the years and this is the first time we have offered a suggestion. I know we are not the first one and there has to be a ton of others that feel the same way. 

Original Image

originaloriginal

After App Sheet Upload

App Sheet UploadApp Sheet Upload 

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

@Batts Images are presented on reports with a limit of 1000x1000, but the original one is at full size and you can overcome the issue of 1000x1000 images on reports if you use a Format Rule and set "Image Format" to "Text" and then use that Text (link) as the source.

I do it on my templates (HTML) and use the image fields in the src property of img tags

SkrOYC_0-1655210980274.png

Hope that helps