Information icon for display more explanation about a column

Hey guys, how are you?
I would like to leave here an idea that would help me in some Apps.

My biggest problem currently is with some users not understanding the function of a specific column in the application and because of that I'm leaving the description showing. However, in these cases the form tends to be very long due to the way the text is presented.

Even creating a way for the description to only be presented the first time the user opens the form, if he wants to verify this information later he would not be able to.

As I will show in the image, my idea is to add a new function to the column, here I called it ''Information'' or ''Info''.

Some more informations about the colum.pngI know that today we have the Description that offers a way for you to put a longer description in the column, but the way it is presented ends up leaving a very long form, especially when viewing on mobile.

The ''Info'' function should not necessarily be added, but rather create a way to change the view of the Description, turning it into a clickable symbol like "!" in the upper right corner of the column. On some other systems this is common and I believe that presenting the message this way can improve the form experience in some cases.

Just an idea I came up with and decided to share.

Thanks

Status Open
9 1 444
1 Comment
dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

As an alternative using current functionality, consider using Show type columns, each with a Show if expression triggering display only when appropriate (e.g., if a column is empty). This approach can be handy because it's easy to define a format rule for each table that styles the text of these columns in a manner that visually distinguishes them from the rest of the form--e.g., a smaller font or a different color. You can even include an information icon--either within the Show column's text or from the format rule.